Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 5 & 6

Day 5 was a great painting day. I am really happy with the portrait of Laura Getman.  I was too tired to write last night so I am including this post in with Day 6.  Laura is a student of my lecture series on Tuesday nights.  She had the desire to learn more because she is an art docent for the Crocker.  And lately she has been painting with me as well.  It was a delight to paint her with all her blonde curls and great sense of humor.  I really like how her portrait turned out.

I had two classes scheduled, my usual for Wednesday. so Laura sat from 6:30 PM to 9:30.  She was a trooper and I was up for it.  It couldn't have gone better.  I had to turn on a lamp because the normal north lit window was going to be a problem with the sunset.  And I don't feel it could have gone better.  I just felt that flow that every artist wants to have when they are painting.  I felt her in the painting within an hour and a half.  Then, I spent the second half of the evening just working on details.

It's funny how I began with no background color at all and by yesterday, I was painting the full background.

But, unfortunately, I was awake until midnight with all the energy I found.



Day 6 - I didn't sleep well last night due to being awake until midnight and then a nose bleed that woke me at about 4:00 AM.  I was awake until 5:30 and have had a splitting head ache all day.  So, I am working on scheduling the bipolar cauterization procedure at Stanford for the end of Sept.  It's time.  It's a simple surgery that will stop the nose bleeds for a while.  I have had this procedure done once before in 2010.  And it worked well.  So, I look forward to being free of this for a while again if all goes well.

Wyatt's big brother, Jackson (11 years) was my model at 2:00 PM today and watched two movies while he sat for me.  What a very handsome guy and family.  The two boys have such great features and dimples.  I again wish I could paint them with that smile where the dimples really show.  But, there is a bit of one in the chin on Jackson.   I am not sure the movie idea is that great because they kind of end up with a bit of a glazed over look in the painting and yet it is easier for the young ones to keep them slightly still. Three hours is a very long time for a child. They are troopers!  What a delight to get these young kids willing to do this.  These two young guys are jewels and so polite. I am thrilled that their dad, David Redfield, found me and decided to do this for his family.  It has been very fun.  By the way, if you are in need of a great insurance agent, David Redfield is the right guy for your needs! (I need to give a plug to my new friends.)

Tomorrow I am painting John Patrick, who I understand is 9.5 years old!  :*)



Now ... I am off to sleep to see if I can get rid of this headache.  Good night all.





No comments:

Post a Comment